Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Carter update!

It has been an eventful week and a half! Carter finished his 3rd round of chemo A week ago (only two more and hopefully remission!!)
Alot has happened so I will do short form! There's jay too much to type and I bye typing on my iPhone lol

- we found he is allergic to the antibiotics from the last infection( in the Hickman). He got a really bad rash all over his body. It's now gone
- Carter is eating between 2-4oz a day (1-3 oz at a time) so he is on TPN (nutrition through his IV tubes)
-for about a week now he has had diarrhea. They took stool samples and blood tests and found nothing (so ita most likely viral)
-he threw up his feeding tube (bottom Came out with vomit) on Wednesday an they wanted to give him
A break since he is on the TPN and he still has it out (which is nice to see him without a tube in his nose!!)
-we got to go on an LOA (day pass)
-we were supposed to go for another LOA torrow but sadly he has spiked a fever (101) and his heart rate is high.
-he has had 2 blood transfusions (due to low hemoglobin and plaitlets counts) in the last 48 hours, and is going to get another hemoglobin blood transfusion tonight
They have taken more blood tonight to find out the source of the fever (but they are thinking viral infection) and they are running him on "broad spectrum antibiotics" until they know what's wrong and which type of antibiotic is best to treat with.

So it's been an eventful week and a half but as always our little miracle marchie is a smiling trooper! Here are some recent pictures of Carter

Thank you everyone for your continuous and wonderful support! We love you all! (((hugs)))

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos 

(posted to BBC on 10/10/2011)

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear that you are going through such a rough time. I can somewhat relate. I acquired aplastic anemia during pregnancy with my now 7 month old son and had to go through blood and platelet transfusions twice a week until birth. After that, I had to have chemo and a bone marrow transplant. I am 90 days post transplant now and doing very well. Though I cannot understand what you are going through as a mother, I can relate to what your son is going through. He is a strong little guy and will make it through this as long as he has a strong mama and family! You are doing a wonderful job and just remember to just get through today. I know it is not easy and staying in the hospital sucks. I'm so glad to hear you were able to go LOA.

    Feel free to read my blog: www.andrya-survivingaplasticanemia.com

    Good luck! I will keep you and your family in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete